An internal mechanical component of the combustion engine is called Camshaft, which opens the inlet and closes the exhaust valves of the engine when it is in need. Camshaft performs this action in a defined sequence with the exact stroke. It is the most defining aspect of real performing car that increases duration, raises lift, and gives a cool sounding distinctive idle. Camshaft boosts the performance of your car’s engine that is why it is critical to the functioning of the car engine. You can see the camshaft for 350 chevy reviews on https://mygaragetool.com/best-camshaft-for-350-chevy-reviews/
But it is a hectic task to get a new camshaft for 350 Chevy. You have a lot of options to choose from and every single brand claims to be the best for your car engine. This article is going to solve your biggest problem in selecting the best product on the market.
COMP Cams CL12-600-4 is undoubtedly the perfect option for your 350 Chevy. This CAM and lifter kit model provides the early intake of valve opening that allows Chevy sound and generates more power for driving it on any type of road. COMP Cams CL12-600-4 has high RPM (revolutions per minute) operating range.
Tips to choose a perfect Cam for your 350 Chevy:
You should think about the following things before purchasing a new Camshaft.
- Must aware of the exact specification of your Chevy to know which camshaft will work for the transmission and engine of your car.
- You get a large range of prices in the market because of the availability of a large product range. Try to find something perfect with your budget.
- Go for the lobe separation angle of zero degrees. It assures the opening and closing of the intake and exhaust valve at the same time. In case of wrong lobe separation, the valve timing will be off or stop working together.
- This product is with Choppy or thumping idle.
- This Cam is made up of Cast Iron material and weighs about 12.21 pounds.
- It is best with 2000+ Gears and converters that are high performing.
- It has three grinds that can easily fit with all of the performance needs.
- It produces exhaust note that is very powerful and hard-hitting.
- It is available with a set of lifters, Camshaft, and assembly lubricant.
- It has three unique designs of CAM: that are Thumpr, Mutha, and Thumpr & Big Mutha.
Thumpr provides big torque and superb horsepower gain.
- It is specially designed to use with the latest in valve train components.
- It has an early intake valve opening.
- It is made in the USA.
The compatibility of COMP Cams CL12-600-4 is wide. It fits not only with 350 Chevy but with most of the first-generation Chevy such as 262, 265, 267, 283, 302, 307, 350 and 400.
It doesn’t fit with LT1 and LT4, or with the small block models that were made in 1935 and beyond.
Cons of COMP Cams CL12-600-4:
- This model requires a very high idle.
- The lifters of camshafts are not very much durable as this camshaft itself is.
- Sometimes it may require very high vacuum pressure.